Your bags are packed, your flight tickets are booked, and you’ve made arrangements to stay at Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel, the perfect affordable beach motel in Treasure Island, FL, to call your own for a week of fun in the sun.
While you and your children may be excited about an upcoming vacation, your little ones are likely less than thrilled to spend hours traveling on an airplane to your destination. If you have school-aged children or toddlers, make sure you pack these five must-fly items!
- Contrary to popular belief, you can bring dry snacks to the airport without a confrontation with the TSA. Choose snacks like granola bars, bagged popcorn, and fresh fruit to avoid paying for overpriced and unhealthy options past security.
- Warm socks. Children, especially toddlers, can become antsy when trapped in uncomfortable shoes for a long flight. Bring clean and comfortable socks to let your little one take his or her shoes off after boarding.
- A maximum of one toy. Toys get lost and broken in the stress of travel. Avoid tears and headaches by allowing your child to bring only one favorite toy on your journey to your Treasure Island hotel in FL.
- A pillow and blanket. Airplanes are often uncomfortable, and you’ll have little control over the temperature of your seat. Bring along a blanket and pillow for your child to make things a bit more bearable.
- Coloring books and crayons. Coloring books are the ultimate travel toy: they’re cheap, they’re lightweight, and they provide hours of entertainment. Allow your child to pick out a coloring book featuring his or her favorite cartoon character from the dollar store, and be sure to stock up on crayons before the big day.
Vacation is supposed to be a time to unwind and let go of your stress. Don’t let the hassle of travel leave you grumpy! For more travel tips or to book a stay directly on the beach at Treasure Island, give our staff at Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel a call at 727-367-1997 today!