Every summer, golf enthusiasts flock to hotels near Clearwater Beach, FL, and Treasure Island to take advantage of the many country clubs and golf courses available in the region. Hosting many of these golf enthusiasts ourselves, we’ve compiled some information that we hope will be useful for those looking to tee off this summer season.
What to pack
Packing carefully for your golfing vacation can help avoid last-minute stresses and purchases that distract you from playing your best game! Be sure to consider the following advice from golf pros to make sure you’re comfortable and well-prepared for your trip.
- Club-appropriate clothing for any weather event. Believe it or not, however much Treasure Island may seem like paradise, it does occasionally rain here. Coming prepared with appropriate outerwear, even if the forecast is for sunny skies, will help you stay comfortable and give you a competitive edge. This can include waterproof golf shoes, microfiber clothing, and even a parka; a golf umbrella is a great addition as well, as it can serve as protection from both sun and rain.
- Sunscreen and water. Treasure Island is known for its beautiful weather, which means lots of sun! Stay hydrated and remember to re-apply waterproof sunscreen every hour or so.
- A swimsuit! Golfing can make you work up a sweat, and our beaches here at Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel are some of the most beautiful in the country. After a long day on the courses, take a dip in the crystal-clear ocean water next to the hotel or try out our large, heated swimming pool.
Where to go
There’s no shortage of world-class golfing opportunities on and around Treasure Island. Below are just a few of your options in golf courses and country clubs in the Treasure Island and St. Petersburg areas.
- Treasure Bay Golf & Tennis: With a fun 9-hole, par 27 walking golf course that overlooks the intra-coastal waterway, as well as tennis courts, this public location is great for families with multiple athletic interests. Located at 10315 Paradise Blvd, Treasure Island, FL (727-360-6062).
- Fore Seasons Indoor Golf: Fun for the whole family, this golf course truly is open “four seasons,” since it’s indoors; should you encounter a rainy day, Fore Seasons Indoor Golf offers top-of-the-line practice equipment, including an indoor driving range. Located at 9965 18th St. North, Suite 3, St. Petersburg, FL (727-576-GOLF).
- Isla Del Sol Yacht and Country Club:
For the serious golfer, this 18-hole regulation length course features 6,392 yards of golf for a par of 72. While this club has an “accompanied by member” guest policy, those visiting friends or family in St. Petersburg will find it an optimal golfing locale. Located at 6000 Sun Blvd, Saint Petersburg, FL (866-906-4750).
- Clearwater Country Club:
Only semi-private, Clearwater offers seasonal and short-term memberships and sometimes opens its golf course to the public. Built in 1920, it features an 18-hole golf course that is only minutes from Clearwater Beach and close to Tampa airport. Located at 525 N Betty Lane, Clearwater, FL (727-446-2240).
If you’re a fan of golf, whether playing or simply enjoying the game as a spectator, you have plenty of options in and around Treasure Island of which to take advantage. To make Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel, one of the top-rated hotels near Clearwater Beach, Florida, the putting-off point for your golf vacation, visit our website or call 727-360-2622 for more information on booking a room.