When looking at hotels near Clearwater, FL, many visitors are looking to escape harsh winters up north and just want to enjoy hours on the beach. However, others may want to do more than soak up the sun and take advantage of all Treasure Island and its surrounding areas have to offer. If you work up the energy to leave the sand, we have compiled a variety of fun things for you to do in the area.
- Fishing: Being located right on the Gulf of Mexico, our city offers in-shore and offshore fishing options that are just a short walk away. While fishing in the area you can expect to catch snook, redfish, king mackerel, and tarpon.
- Boat/Waverunner Rental: If fishing is not your thing, but you still love being out on the ocean, you can rent a variety of boats and waverunners. You can also rent a kayak to get some exercise while cruising around our aquatic playground.
- Cruises: If captaining a boat is not in your skill set, you can sit back and relax on one of our many cruises. For the kids, there is a pirate themed cruise on a real pirate ship. If you have never seen a dolphin, there are a variety of cruises that offer the chance to ride next to the dolphins and even get in the water with them.
- Golf: Located just outside of Tampa, our guests are just a short drive from any one of the dozens of nearby public courses. Until recently, the Champions PGA Tour took place in Tampa, offering you the chance to play on the same course as many golf legends.
- Local Sports: Neighboring Tampa, you can support one of our local teams or sport your favorite team as they face off against the Tampa Bay Ray, Buccaneers, or Lightning.
- Cigars: Tampa is regarded by many as the Cigar Capital of the world and is home to many famous cigar factories. It is also home to the annual Cigar Heritage Festival, which attracts aficionados from all over.
When looking for hotels near Clearwater Beach, FL, look just down the coast and consider staying at our beachfront hotel and enjoy all Treasure Island has to offer.