If you’ve ever gone on vacation with a toddler, you probably already know that going to the beach unprepared can be anything but relaxing with a little one at your heels. If you’re getting ready to plan for this year’s family vacation to a lodging hotel in Treasure Island, FL, and you’ll be traveling with a small child, follow our tips on how to have a more enjoyable vacation– for both the grownups and the kids!
- Fill up the iPad. No matter if you’re traveling by car, plane, or even bus, there are four words that you’ll quickly get tired of hearing come out of your toddler’s mouth: “Are we there yet?” Smart parents save their sanity by loading up their phone or tablet with kid-friendly movies, games, and apps. For toddlers, we recommend Doodle Kids, MyFirstABC, and KidArt.
- Reserve a suite. Suites aren’t just for VIPs who want to pop champagne — they’re also for parents who want to have a conversation or watch TV after the kids go to bed. Suites are perfect for parents traveling with toddlers because after the kids go to bed at 7pm, you can relax and enjoy your vacation without risking waking up a cranky child.
- Find a sitter on-the-go. Finding a babysitter while on vacation is much easier than you think! Check out Care.com while on your trip to find a local sitter, or call around to see which hotels in your area offer child care — many hotels will allow you to take advantage of their daycare services for a small fee, even if you aren’t staying with them!
- Bring plenty of Band-Aids. Toddlers love to run and play, which means that a few spills will be inevitable. Stop a slip-up from ruining your entire day by allowing your child to pick out their own Band-Aids featuring their favorite character. Having Hello Kitty or Doc McStuffins on an ouchie always seems to make brush burns a little easier to deal with!
- Don’t forget the SPF. Toddler’s skin is delicate, and a sunburned toddler is no fun for anyone involved. Make sure you get a high-SPF sunscreen for your trip and remember to reapply every two hours to prevent burns!
Smart parents plan ahead for their vacation — especially when it comes to booking their hotel! The Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel is an affordable Gulf Coast hotel located near Clearwater, FL, perfect for families with children, but spaces are booking fast! Visit us online at https://www.pageterrace.com/ and book today!