There’s nothing better than spending a scorching-hot day lounging on the shore and soaking up the sun. Unfortunately, it’s also easy to become dehydrated after a long day of enjoying the waves. As one of the area’s most popular gulf front motels in St. Petersburg, the Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel knows firsthand just how important hydration is during the summer. Use these five easy tips to enjoy a safer and more comfortable beach trip.
- Consider coconut water. One of the major reasons why dehydration is so dangerous is because it robs your body of vital nutrients, sodium, and electrolytes. For superior hydration, consider trying some coconut water. Delicious and nutritious, coconut water hydrates while also restoring vitamins and minerals.
- Drink up before you leave. It’s a good idea to start the day hydrated. Before you leave for a morning of fun, encourage everyone in your family to have a glass or two of water. This will lessen the impact of the weather on your skin and body once you get outside.
- Bring plenty of water. No one likes ditching their sandcastle or an awesome wave to refill their water bottles. Bring along a cooler full of water to encourage your family members to drink throughout the day.
- Invest in a fun water bottle. Having trouble getting your little one to drink enough water? Allow him or her to choose their own water bottle. You can find water bottles featuring cartoon characters, colors, and patterns at almost any local grocery store or Walmart. Letting your child hold onto a water bottle they love encourages them to drink more often.
- Slice up some fruit. Endlessly chugging water isn’t the only way to stay hydrated! For a more fun way to up your water intake, enjoy some freshly sliced fruit. Watermelon, mangoes, and blueberries are all delicious and refreshing with high water contents.
Are you ready to enjoy some fun in the sun? The Page Terrace’s affordable gulf coast hotel in Clearwater is still booking for the summer season! Give us a call today at 800-519-0853 to make your reservation!